Dr. Angelo Colavita graduated Magna Cum Laude from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa in February 1998.
Dr. Angelo Colavita has been in private practice since 1998, with a previous location in Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey and currently with offices in Clifton, New Jersey and Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Dr. Colavita was awarded numerous scholarships and achievement awards for academic excellence while attending Palmer College of Chiropractic.
- He received his Board Certification in the Atlas Orthogonal Program through Sherman College of Chiropractic in 1998.
- Dr. Colavita trained directly under Roy W. Sweat, the inventor of the Atlas OrthogonalTechnique, and one of the foremost authorities in the field.
- Dr. Colavita is certified in Low Speed Automobile Crash Reconstruction (LOSRIC).
- He is certified in Cervical Acceleration/Deceleration and Brain Injury Traumatology.
- He is certified in Motor Vehicle Crash Forensic Risk Analysis.
- In August 2005, Dr. Colavita was involved in Human Subject Automobile Crash Testing Research through the Center for Research into Automotive Safety and Health.
- He has lectured in both the United States and Canada.
- Dr. Colavita was the largest contributing researcher of the published article, “Resolutions of Cervical Complications Secondary to Motor Vehicle Accidents by the Application of Stereotactic Cervical Alignment (SCALE) Methods: Statistical Review of 54 Patients” in the Journal of Whiplash & Related Disorders, Vol. 5(1) 2006.
- He is a member of Pi Tau Delta International Chiropractic Honor Society.
- He has been involved in AtlasOrthogonal Chiropractic Post Graduate Training since 1998.
- Dr. Colavita is an advanced graduate of the Spine Research Institute of San Diego 10th Annual Scientific Conference.
- Dr. Colavita earned advanced certification in Digital Motion X-ray Functional Imaging and Anatomy.
- He is the first doctor to bring the state of the art diagnostic technology of Digital Motion X-ray to the state of New Jersey.
- He is an adjunct professor at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa.
- He is on the Board of Directors of the R.W. Sweat Research Foundation, serving as Chairman of the Ethics Committee, and as Vice-Chairman of the Atlas Orthogonal/National Institute of Health Research Program.
- In May 2003, Dr. Colavita was presented with the R.W. Sweat Research Foundation Achievement Award for his extensive clinical research.
- Dr. Colavita is a certified instructor of the Atlas Orthogonal Modular Seminars.
- He is an inspector of F.D.A. registered Atlas Orthogonal precision adjusting instruments.
- In 2004, Dr. Colavita was recognized as a Top Chiropractor in America by the Consumer Research Council of America.
- He was a contributing author to the Atlas Orthogonal Text, third edition.
- Dr. Colavita is a member of the Association of New Jersey Chiropractors.
- He is the founder and president of the National Atlas Association.
- Dr. Colavita is a member of the Association of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Organizations (AUCCO).
- He wrote and produced educational booklets that are used by doctors throughout the country.
- Dr. Colavita is currently conducting clinical research on atlanto-mandibular dysfunction with Dr. Louis Vita in Clifton, New Jersey.
- He is board certified and licensed to practice chiropractic in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.